It’s All About Working Together.
DART provides comprehensive services for the DownEast Acadia region through a partnership with Sunrise County Economic Council (SCEC).
SCEC complements and supports DART’s regional tourism work through economic and infrastructure development projects that contribute to regional quality of life. Services provided by SCEC include the following tasks:
MTMPP Grant Administration
- Assist Marketing Committee and Board members to develop the annual marketing plan
- Prepare and submit grant applications
- Prepare and submit MTMPP reports as required under contract with Maine Office of Tourism
- Track income and expenses for all activities under the grant, including cash and in-kind match funds; provide budget updates to DART Board
- Assure all of State of Maine regulations and requirements for the grant are followed
- Maintain records of all projects, including final products, revenues, and expenses
- File annual corporate documents with State of Maine
- Attend MOT-hosted meetings, in person or remotely, including Tourism Stakeholder, Grant Manager, strategic planning, destination development, and community input meetings
- Share DownEastAcadia.com info requests with chambers of commerce
- Attend MOT-approved trainings and professional development opportunities
Board Engagement and Management
- Provide updates to the DownEast Acadia Regional Tourism (DART)Board of Directors RE all MTMPP and related projects (via E-newsletter and at Quarterly Board meetings). Includes project updates as well as upcoming tourism-related discussions, forums, trainings, conferences; summary information from Stakeholder and Grant Manager meetings; and relevant Tourism Industry and Destination Development news.
- Draft Letters of Recommendation to Members and Stakeholders for funding support.
- Provide information to Board Members and Stakeholders on marketing, development, and funding opportunities available to communities and organizations.
- Assist Board to plan, coordinate, and implement DART’s Annual Tourism Symposium.
- Assist Marketing Committee to plan, coordinate, and implement DART’s cash-match projects.
- Encourage and assist members to participate in MTMPP-related projects and committees, including providing their feedback on project planning and implementation.
- Provide outreach and education to Board members, regional stakeholders, and others about DART’s mission, goals, projects, and partnerships; encourage Board membership and participation in DART projects.
- Attend and participate in meetings of Scenic Byways and Regional Trails partners and others to represent DART interests, strengthen regional partnerships
- Provide updates on DART and Maine Office of Tourism activities to member organizations and media sources
- Create and deliver presentations and documents for regional stakeholder outreach
- Prepare Board, Executive Committee, and Marketing Committee meeting documents in consultation with Chairs of the Board and Marketing Committee; send meeting announcements to members and stakeholders; attend Board, Marketing, and Executive meetings
- Collect Board member fees and maintain files on membership.
MTMPP Project Coordination
- Assist Marketing Committee and Board members to finalize project proposals
- Coordinate timely and successful implementation of all MTMPP projects, including contracting and oversight of outside agencies.
- Assess marketing and promotion needs or gaps (such as in photo, video, visitor guide, or website collateral).
- Draft, review, finalize, and approve paid advertising, photo/video, visitor guide, regional branding and messaging, social media campaigns, written content, visitor E-newsletters, and website.
- Maintain DownEastAcadia.com and social media channels
- Coordinate registration, literature distribution, and volunteer attendance at trade shows.
- Plan and coordinate Media tours
- Collaborate with other tourism regions and regional stakeholders