It’s All About Working Together.
DART provides comprehensive services for the DownEast Acadia region through a partnership with the Maine Office of Tourism (MOT) and Sunrise County Economic Council (SCEC). SCEC complements and supports DART’s regional tourism work through economic and infrastructure development projects that contribute to regional quality of life.
MOT is the marketing and promotion branch of the State of Maine, a branch of the Maine Department of Economic and Community Development. MOT provides funds for Marketing and Promotion programs through the Maine Tourism Marketing and Promotion Partnership (MTMPP). Learn more about the 8 tourism regions of Maine: motpartners.com/partner-organizations
Services provided by SCEC include the following tasks:
- Assist Marketing Committee and Board members to develop the annual marketing and promotion plan
- Prepare and submit the MTMPP grant application to the Maine Office of Tourism
- Prepare and submit progress reports as required under contract with Maine Office of Tourism
- Track income and expenses for all activities under the grant, including cash and in-kind match funds
- Prepare and submit invoices to the Maine Office of Tourism
- Assure all State of Maine regulations and requirements for the grant are followed
- Provide budget updates to the DART Marketing Committee
- Maintain records of all projects, including final products, invoices, revenues, and expenses
- File annual corporate documents with State of Maine
- Attend MOT-hosted meetings, including Tourism Stakeholder, Grant Manager, strategic planning, destination development, and community input meetings
- Attend MOT-approved trainings and professional development opportunities
Board Engagement and Management
- Provide updates to the DownEast Acadia Regional Tourism Board of Directors regarding Marketing & Promotion projects (by E-newsletter, email, and at Marketing Committee and Governance Board meetings).
- Encourage and assist members to participate in marketing and promotion projects and committees; solicit their feedback on project planning and implementation.
- Assist the Governance Committee to educate members, regional stakeholders, and others about DART’s mission, goals, projects, and partnerships
- Attend and participate in meetings of partners and members, as reasonable, to represent DART interests and strengthen regional partnerships
- Provide updates on DART and Maine Office of Tourism activities to media sources
- Prepare meeting agendas and associated documents for Governance Committee and Marketing Committee, in consultation with the Board Chair
- Send meeting announcements to members and stakeholders
- Attend Governance and facilitate Marketing Committee meetings
- Maintain records of general membership
MTMPP Project Coordination
- Assist Marketing Committee and Board members to finalize project proposals
- Coordinate timely and successful implementation of all MTMPP projects
- Assess marketing and promotion needs
- Draft, review, finalize, and approve all regional marketing and promotion proposals
- Contract with and oversee the work of outside agencies
- Collaborate with other tourism regions and regional stakeholders