Wanted: your DownEast Acadia vacation images and videos!
Show off your fun, unique, adventurous, quintessential, personal experiences of DownEast Acadia this year…whatever that means to you!
Entries should inspire the viewer to get that “I want to be THERE” feeling…if you’ve been here then you know exactly what we mean!!
Photos and videos must include People, Pets, or Animals in their natural habitats.
- Photos entered for the 2020 contest cannot be re-submitted.
- Videos entered for the 2020 contest are already considered entries for the 2021 contest.
- Photos and videos must have been taken in 2020 or 2021.
- Maximum of four total entries per person.
- Entries must comply with the How to Enter requirements.
- Contestants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Photos and videos must be family-friendly.
- Winning photos and videos which include recognizable individuals (other than the photographer!) must be accompanied by a model release.
- Click here to download a Model Release Form
By submitting a photo or video, you agree to give DART full rights and use of the photo and/or video for marketing & promotion of the DownEast Acadia region.
The artist retains all rights to submissions.
Photos and videos submitted may be used in DART marketing as soon as they are submitted as entries for the contest.
- Submit images as a JPEG file not to exceed 10MB in file size.
- Image dimensions should be at least 7” in the longest dimension when printed at 300 DPI, or about 2100 pixels.
- Submit photos by email, along with your name and phone number, date and location of photo, and names of anyone included in the photo (pets too!)
- Submit to DownEastAcadia@Gmail.com.
Professional watermarks in unobtrusive locations are allowed and encouraged.
- Submit video as an MP4 file, not to exceed 25 MB in file size.
- Length of video up to 3 minutes.
- Submit videos via Google Drive, Dropbox, Vimeo, or similar sharing platform.
- Additionally, you must send an email to DownEastAcadia@Gmail.com with the following information: Name, phone number, date video was taken, location of video, and names of anyone included in the video (pets included).
End credits are allowed and encouraged.
- Entry deadline is October 15, 2021.
- Winners will be chosen by the DownEast Acadia Regional Tourism Board of Directors by November 15, 2021
- Winners will be notified by email by November 30, 2021
First and Second prize winners in each of the categories of Photos and Videos will be awarded a DownEast Maine prize package and their entries will be used in upcoming DART marketing.
Prize packages will include gift cards and gift certificates from DownEast Maine businesses, such as restaurants, lodging, and shops. First prize will have an estimated value of $200 (minimum) and second prize will have an estimated value of $100 (minimum).
Thank you for participating, we look forward to sharing in your adventures!