Skip to content
DownEast Acadia Regional Tourism provides the following services for the entire region:
Support for Local/Regional Initiatives
- DART supports regionally and locally significant efforts through its annual Marketing and Promotion Partnership Program with the Maine Office of Tourism.
- DART seeks funding from other grantors to support business and professional development and expand marketing and promotion programs.
- DART provides a regional voice to the Maine Office of Tourism, Maine Tourism Association and other state or private efforts affecting the region.
- DART brings state, federal, and non-profit funding, technical assistance, and other resources to the region.
Training and Professional Development
- DART collaborates with Maine Office of Tourism, Maine Woods Consortium, Sunrise County Economic Council, and others on tourism-related trainings and Destination Development.
- DART hosts an Annual Tourism Symposium And Awards Luncheon for networking and professional development. The Symposium is held in a different location each year, and each year’s theme focuses specifically on the best assets and stories of the host community
True Maine Visitor Guide
- DART publishes and distributes an annual Visitor Guide for DownEast Acadia which promotes “True Maine” at its finest. 30,000 copies are printed annually, and a digital copy is accessible on DownEastAcadia.com.
- “True Maine” Visitor Guides are sent to potential visitors upon request, and each Chamber within the region receives a list of visitor information requests to fulfill.
- DART guides are distributed at all Maine State visitor centers, at AAA offices and visitor information centers throughout the mid-Atlantic states, at national and Canadian travel shows by Maine Office of Tourism, at local Chambers of Commerce, and at local businesses and public offices.
- Streamline printed materials, advertisements, video, social media, and websites to carry a cohesive look in an ongoing effort to create brand recognition for the DownEast Acadia region
- Provide a Tourism Toolkit to help businesses and communities market themselves cohesively with regional efforts
Travel Show Participation
- DART sends 2 volunteer campground owners to the Maine RV and Camping Show in Auburn each spring.
- DART visitor guides are distributed by the Maine Office of Tourism at approximately 8 national and Canadian travel shows annually.
Free Marketing Opportunities for Area Businesses/Event Organizers
- Businesses and events can post their information free of charge on both the DownEastAcadia.com and Maine Office of Tourism websites
- DART purchases a DownEast Acadia section in Maine Invites You, the state Visitor Guide sent out by the Maine Office of Tourism (300,000 copies distributed annually)
- DART also hosts an advertising coop and offers a subsidy to each Member Organization that purchases a sub-regional cooperative page in Maine Invites You
Other Paid Advertising
- DART purchases broadcast advertising on Maine Public Radio from April through November to promote regional assets and events
- DART advertises special aspects of the regional experience in a variety of print publications and digital marketing platforms each year.
Social Media & E-Newsletter Outreach
- DART maintains Facebook and Instagram accounts to share articles, events, photos, visitor experiences, and news from the region
- DART produces an E-Newsletter that is sent to potential visitors who express interest in the region via DownEastAcadia.com.
Photo & Video Procurement
- DART contracts with local artists to create photography and video content that highlights special assets and special initiatives throughout the region.
Research and Analysis